Online shopping and daily deliveries have become a way of life for countless homeowners. You appreciate the ease of having packages delivered right at your door, but there is a downside. Those parcels on your doorstep are invitations to potential thieves. Porch piracy is a serious concern, but you are able to do something about it by ordering a doorbell camera with your home security system. These devices are great tools to deter opportunistic thieves, but they do significantly more.
Take a minute to see how they work and why there’s a good chance they’ll be an integral aspect of your smart home.
Perks of a Joliet video doorbell
Available in both wired and wireless options, video doorbells offer a range of sophisticated features, and the technology keeps advancing. You now have the ability to set up detection zones, speak to people in front of your door, and receive real-time alerts whenever a package is delivered.
The easiest way to see how a Joliet video doorbell camera works is to delve into the numerous perks it can provide. Take a look at the following features:
- Active deterrents: You aren’t able to get this on each model, but there are a couple of smart video doorbells that are proactive in deterring burglary with audible and visual warnings. This is a fantastic way to let prowlers know somebody is watching.
- Wide angle camera view: You need to see the total picture, and that includes the faces of individuals at your door and items on the surface below. Cameras with superior 180-degree field of vision offer a comprehensive perspective.
- High-resolution streams no matter the hour: What’s the purpose of implementing a doorbell camera if the images are blurry and hard to see? Leading models will include incredible high dynamic range (HDR) resolution and night vision.
- Package delivery notifications: Would you like to know when a package is dropped off? You can get instant alerts from video doorbells that can reveal the difference between individuals and deliveries.
- Speak with the visitor at your door: Is a person standing at your door? Two-way audio lets you ask what they want. You can even use this handy feature to scare off people loitering around your walkway.
- Prevent false alarms: Advanced doorbell cameras will even allow you to set up your own detection zones. Clearly identifying the viewing area will help you minimize false alarms caused by pets or pedestrians.
- Instant access to footage: A video doorbell incorporated into your smart home gives you the option to access live and saved video straight from your phone’s security app.
Video doorbells keep you linked to your home like never before, as you are able to engage with them from the palm of your hand, regardless of your location. They’ll inform you when a visitor arrives, provide visuals of what’s going on, and even allow you to talk with the individual at your door. These components have turned into game-changers in terms of security and convenience.