Tips for using the Vivint Smart Hub in your Joliet smart home
The Vivint Smart Hub is the core of your home’s security system as it links your cameras, security sensors, thermostats, and locks into a single cohesive system. This easy-to-use, 7-inch color touchscreen puts you in complete control of your Joliet home’s security and automation. Get a better idea of how it will help you and explore suggestions to get started.
How can you benefit from the Vivint Smart Hub in Joliet?
Connecting wirelessly to sensors and other implements via radio frequencies and Z-Wave communications, the Vivint Smart Hub is the command center for your residence. You may arm your system, operate lights, update the thermostat, and more. If adding a doorbell camera, you may even talk to whoever’s on your front porch. The Vivint Smart Hub includes cellular capability and a battery backup for added reliability. It also gives you complete remote operation with the Vivint mobile app.
Here’s an idea of the things you can do:
- Review current or saved video from your integrated cameras
- Disarm or arm your system
- Toggle lights on or off
- Operate your garage door
- Adjust your thermostat’s temperature
- Communicate directly to monitoring professionals
You can take convenience to another level with your Vivint Smart Hub in Joliet by programming schedules or initiating preferences. For instance, you could have your smart thermostat adjust automatically each night at a particular time. Or, you can add preferences like having your front door unlock if the smoke detector triggers.
Tips for arming and disarming your security system
Before you jump into all the amazing things your Vivint Smart Hub can do, you’ll need to grasp how to arm and disarm your security. It’s easy - just follow these steps:
- Touch the shield icon on the home screen and swipe to the left for “Stay” and right for “Away.”
- Stay indicates you will be inside your home and arms all devices excluding interior doors and motion detectors.
- Away indicates you will be gone, and each sensor in the home will engage.
- To disarm, simply slide the shield icon down and input your PIN.
The main screen will post a notification if the system isn’t prepared to arm. For example, an open window or door will urge you to take action. Note that you are still able to arm the system by following the steps above. You will then have to verify that you wish to bypass the sensor that isn’t engaged.
How to add or remove users to your Vivint Smart Hub in Joliet
Even though various users can be programmed when you first get your system, you will likely want to add an additional user down the road. Here are steps to do so.
- Touch the menu icon (three dots) near the bottom right corner of the home screen.
- Tap “Users” and input your PIN.
- Choose “Add new user” toward the bottom.
- Press “Name,” enter the user’s name, and tap the Next button.
- If you wish to give the user remote functionality, select phone or email and enter the info to deliver an request.
- Choose Next and then enter a PIN for this new user.
- To take out a user, simply go to the menu, touch users, choose the user you would like to delete, and then tap “Delete User.”
Add security and convenience to your home with Vivint
Would you like to take command of your home’s security and automation with an intuitive touchscreen console? You’ll appreciate the Vivint Smart Hub and your new Joliet smart home. Contact (815) 427-4864 to learn more.