Tips to cut down on false alarms in Joliet
False alarms are a real concern for a home security system. Not only do they erode the confidence you have in your equipment, but they can also be costly and time-consuming. Luckily, you can do a few things to minimize false alarms from your Joliet security system.
As the first step, ensure that your devices set up properly. This might seem like common sense, but it’s common that overlooked user errors lead to false alarms. Next, watch out for likely culprits of false alarms, such as entry points that could be kept unsecured inadvertently. And of course, feel free to incorporate the various options like setting automation schedules to cut down on false alarms in Joliet.
Is it really that easy? Continue on and see for yourself.
Can you avoid false alarms in Joliet?
Just like you would address any issue, the best course of action is to review the guidebook. Make sure all devices are installed properly from your end by:
- Performing a checkup with your smart hub touchscreen.
- Physically evaluate each component to make sure it didn't get knocked out of place or need fresh batteries.
- Inspect your scheduling to ensure that your system isn’t activating at inappropriate times.
- Ensure all recently added smart devices are configured properly and aren't interfering with your home’s alarm.
Reach out to your Vivint agent if you continue to have problems cutting down false alarms in your Joliet home. They'll be pleased to dispatch a tech to check your equipment.
Investigate your entry points
In the event your system checks out alright, the next measure is to thoroughly inspect the house. Are your doors and widows tightly secured, or might there be a few inadvertently ajar? If an entrance stays unlatched, it might trigger an activated sensor. If it just so happens that your household consistently forgets to close a door, you might want to incorporate a smart locking system that locks automatically when the alarm is engaged. Regrettably, windows take more hands-on attention, especially if you have someone who likes to rest with a window cracked. Luckily, your Vivint home security system makes it a breeze to deactivate that sensor while still shielding the remaining areas of the property.
Smart home automation tends to be an effective way to cut down on false alarms in Joliet
One of the best techniques to lessen the probability of false alarms is to incorporate home automation into your security system. By using your Vivint app, you’re able to:
- Set a schedule to disarm when you are home and prevent false alarms that result from absentmindedly unlatching a door or window. Then have your alarm system automatically engage again after dark as you start your bedtime routine.
- Program the alarm to deactivate whenever your smart locking mechanism is activated with the proper code.
- Use geotracking to arm the alarm as you exit the premises, then turn off when you arrive home for the day.
- Receive cell phone updates when your devices notice abnormal activity or require a battery change.
- Link your equipment to Alexa or Google Home, so you can disarm and arm your system without the smartphone app or central interface.
Cut down on false alarms in Joliet when you get a Vivint smart home
Greater authority over your property’s security results in a much lower likelihood of false alarms. To get started on your Vivint home security system, contact (815) 427-4864 or complete the form below.